• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower wiring routing question (2009 212x)

mcdavemp5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello,
I'm about to look into installing speakers on my tower and was wondering if the smaller dia tube actually connects to the larger tubing. See picture.

My goal is to clamp speakers on the smaller diameter tube, but will I be able to route my wires (red in picture) into the main tubing is my question. Please confirm before I start drilling holes for nothing :)

Cheers

--McDave

Attachments

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
All those tubes have a breather hole about 1.5 inches at the end points. Routing wires though will be challenging at best. Good luck!

mcdavemp5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great info, thank you.
Any idea of the holes are smooth or still with sharp edges ? Unsure I want to have my wires constantly rub against it :)

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I would assume rough. You may want to shrink wrap your wiring with rubber tubing or good tape before pulling through the tube intersections.

mcdavemp5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wonderful, I will try this out. Thank you for the quick reply, you all make this community a great place ! Still newbie, but I'll do my best to contribute back over time.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Anyone update on this? I'm fishing wires through the smaller tube on my '16 212x

mcdavemp5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Don't do it.. I'll find a picture and post here.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Wow, I was really hoping for sanitary welds...