• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towerless wakeboard racks

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So we want to be able to put the wake boards (that we never have learned to use) out of the way.. we dont have a tower. I have found the "towerless wakeboard racks" but they come with a grab handle that u have to mount somewhere on the boat. I have not ruled that out but is there any other options for me?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Chatlee sells a pretty nice wakeboard rack that wouldn't require you modding your boat at all. I think the SKU# is 242X. I know you hate money, so just order that up and you should be all set Mike!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will the wake boards fit in your ski locker?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Chatlee sells a pretty nice wakeboard rack that wouldn't require you modding your boat at all. I think the SKU# is 242X. I know you hate money, so just order that up and you should be all set Mike!
I am trying to hold out for the yammie 252x cuddy cabin.... cause I'll have to live on board!

Will the wake boards fit in your ski locker?
That's what we r doing now and it is a pain.. the opening is just a bit too small so we have to wedge them through.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone installed one of these gunwhale-mounted wakeboard racks?

We've been storing one wakeboard in the ski locker which is manageable, we're about to go to 2 wakeboards so really need some kind of rack.

Thanks!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've seen a pic of some that mount in place of the center cleat (or any cleat really), not a great solution if your storage space is narrow but at least no drilling is involved.

Check out these, looks like the one for fishing boats at the bottom of the page fits in rod holders.

Towerless Wakeboard Rack | Big Air Oasis
There is a guy on Patoka that has one of these. ALWAYS has his board in there when cruising around. Never seen him riding the board behind the boat though. Talked to him about it the other day and loves it. Can't fit a boat with a tower in his garage, so this was his alternative.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a guy on Patoka that has one of these. ALWAYS has his board in there when cruising around. Never seen him riding the board behind the boat though. Talked to him about it the other day and loves it...
That's good to hear. My son and I are not hard-core enough wakeboarders to justify $2k for an aftermarket tower, this seems like an easy alternative to keep boards off the floor.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a guy on Patoka that has one of these. ALWAYS has his board in there when cruising around. Never seen him riding the board behind the boat though. Talked to him about it the other day and loves it. Can't fit a boat with a tower in his garage, so this was his alternative.
you see the real question what does he use to pull the wake behind ? Pylon ? Or the lower hook or something else all together ?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wasn't there someone on here who put racks on the side of their SX boat? I want to say it was a white and red boat or maybe white and black. Without a tower I imagine it will be harder to get air while jumping.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you see the real question what does he use to pull the wake behind ? Pylon ? Or the lower hook or something else all together ?
Never seen him with a pylon up. I would guess he's using the tow hook on the stern. I wakeboarded like that for years on my last boat.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wasn't there someone on here who put racks on the side of their SX boat? I want to say it was a white and red boat or maybe white and black. Without a tower I imagine it will be harder to get air while jumping.
Wake to wake is easily possible without a tower, just need the right technique. Big air double backflips on the other hand.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Wake to wake is easily possible without a tower, just need the right technique. Big air double backflips on the other hand.
My friend in his second time out was getting a few feet of air with us using the tow hook. I haven’t learned that fast yet lol.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes I was mainly referring to big air tricks. Having the tow point up top prevents the rope and boat from trying to pull the rider down while doing airs. Sure you can do wake to wake with it low. When I was a kid I would go wake to wake on my kneeboard behind my dads Bayliner Fish and Ski lol.