• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

towing from the wake tower

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
has anyone had any issues with pulling a 3 person tube from the wake tower? Tried from the transom but the rope gets dragged under the wake way too much and creates more drag than I'd like. Any tips or informative information?

thanks in advance!

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I use the booster ball.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
has anyone had any issues with pulling a 3 person tube from the wake tower? Tried from the transom but the rope gets dragged under the wake way too much and creates more drag than I'd like. Any tips or informative information?

thanks in advance!
Here's some facts
1. Yamaha's official statement is Do Not Pull Tubes From The Tower.
2. Yamaha has produced promotional material that contradicts this by showing a Yamaha boat pulling tubes from the tower.
3. Many people pull tubes (1,2,3 person) from the tower with no bad effects. I personally pull two tubes from the tower and it works great, not worried in the slightest of the integrity of these towers - they are beefy. Been pulling tubes from towers and pylons on multiple brand boats for 30 years.
4. Many other people will say that this will cause your boat to flip over or it will rip your tower off or that you will surely die. (in other words think its a really bad idea)
5. This WILL solve your problem of rope getting caught in the wake.
6. Some do it, some don't - you have to make your own decision on the risk if any.

:winkingthumbsup"

Last edited:

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know many here do it, and Murphy's law of anything that can go wrong will/has gone wrong, but are there any catastrophic experiences towing a tube? When I search the topic it's just a mixed bag of I do it's fine and I don't because I prefer to play on the safe side.

I tow a big mable with a few young kids from the tower, but am hesitant with adults. The younger kids are <10, so I'm not doing any crazy whipping or trying to get them airborne. It's just mainly to stop rope drag and help me not suck up a rope.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I typically tow from the transom but towed last weekend from the tower. We have a 3 person Connely Raptor which is more rectangular in shape and almost has little wings. I will say that it gets some air and at times was concerned it was going to take flight. We switched back to the transom.

I think it depends on the tube and the how hard you go at it. Just be careful that you don't get too much air and dump the kids.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I typically tow from the transom but towed last weekend from the tower. We have a 3 person Connely Raptor which is more rectangular in shape and almost has little wings. I will say that it gets some air and at times was concerned it was going to take flight. We switched back to the transom.

I think it depends on the tube and the how hard you go at it. Just be careful that you don't get too much air and dump the kids.
assuming they are physically capable and athletically can handle it...isnt that THE point of tubing? lol <only half kidding>

this is one of the ?'s on my mind as well. wife STILL dead set on yammie. but the swim platform will likely house the "lily pad" so no towing.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I watched someone pull 3 tubes with 9 people on them from the tower all weekend. Appeared to work ok, but I wouldn't have done it.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
assuming they are physically capable and athletically can handle it...isnt that THE point of tubing? lol <only half kidding>

this is one of the ?'s on my mind as well. wife STILL dead set on yammie. but the swim platform will likely house the "lily pad" so no towing.
Get one of those inflatable ones so you can stow it when your not using it.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tow from the tower and from the transom. I'm not too worried about the tower handling the load, even with multiple tubes and riders like I tow regularly. Three tubes with 4 to 6 riders. You do have to be aware and use caution however, because when a large tube submarines it can exert a tremendous amount of pressure on the boat and when you combine this with a high tow point, well you can do the math. I just make sure to pay attention and get out of the throttle quickly if a tube starts going under, which has happened. No problems so far.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So many mixed responses lol, but I’ll proceed with caution. I do have the booster ball but it didn’t seem to do the job