• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Bearing Grease

LoWeLL216

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm probably just missing this in the search feature, but what does everyone use for trailer bearing grease. Think I have Yamaha marine grease and Lucas marine grease around. Are these suitable?

Thanks!

Hopefully someone comes along with knowledge on what they ship the shorelander trailers with. Continental trailers ship with a lithium based marine grease. I dont know about shorelander.

from the shorelandr website: “We use over-based calcium sulfonate which is available through your parts-selling ShoreLand’r dealer. If you do not get an Owner’s Guide with your trailer, please go to our web site’s literature rack to request the necessary literature.”

I checked the grease compatibility charts to be sure and went with Lucas marine grease.

Thanks everyone!

Lucas marine grease is what I use

I use Lucas Marine. I've used this on all my boat trailers over the last 20 years.

I use the yamalube. also mobil 28, if its good enough for helicopter head its good enough for wheel bearings.

Lucas Marine. Most suppliers list blend as lithium complex, but some as calcium sulfonate. Both compatible with the calcium sulfonate Shorland'r ships with.

Lucas here.

I've been using Lucas Marine grease for years...and around here it's 1/2 the price of Yamaha's grease. According to the Lucasoil website, it's OBCS (Overbased Calcium Sulfonate) which matches perfectly with the OBCS Shoreland'r uses.

I've noticed a pattern with Yamalube - they're average quality with premium prices.

I've been using Lucas Marine grease for years...and around here it's 1/2 the price of Yamaha's grease. According to the Lucasoil website, it's OBCS (Overbased Calcium Sulfonate) which matches perfectly with the OBCS Shoreland'r uses.

I've noticed a pattern with Yamalube - they're average quality with premium prices.
I agree.

Thanks again everyone - used the Lucas Marine I had on hand and called it a day.

Back