• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trailer bunks need adjusting

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When retrieving the boat, I was finding that the boat would touch the front "arm" of the trailer at the Y when winching it in. I was able to overcome this by not putting the trailer in as deep. Today the boat didn't go on as straight as usual and after inspection of the bunk boards and the mounts that hold them up, it looks like one of them definitely moved since it is at a different spacing than the other one.

I think I might be able to jack up the mount which will push up the bunk board but what is the proper way to align and angle/pitch for the bunkboard? Should it be parallel to the ground from front to back and can I just use a level to dial it in? I will start to google but I thought others may have been through these adjustments in the past.

Thank you

I took the boat to my local river spot since it would be a lot easier to launch the boat and then work on the trailer. Outside of forgetting my wallet and finding out that I was very low on gas, the adjustments worked out great. I was able to see where the bunk bracket used to sit versus where it was now positioned. I repositioned both bunk, front brackets and tightened it down very tightly. I also took this opportunity to check all of the other bolts/nuts and I am glad that I did. There were a few others that were also in need of tightening. The boat is sitting perfectly once again and all is good.

Check out the weeds on my trailer below. These weeds were from dunking the boat off and pulling the trailer back out. We had some bad storms last night but I guess this explains why I had weeds coming out of my intake grates last week.

The other pic shows 0 miles left for my range. I was about 10 miles away from my storage unit but I made it with change in the ash tray to spare. Lesson learned: Do not forget my wallet and make sure ever car has a $20 stashed away for emergency.

IMG_0301.JPG IMG_0306.JPG

Back