• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer rims or covers

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone point me to some options for a quick and inexpensive way to dress up these generic, galvanized (?) rims that I have. I would like a simple cover versus buy new rims.

IMG_0475.JPG

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a set of chrome stock MFI rims at a fair price. One even has the spare tire still mounted to it. Used 2&1/2 years. I have no ideal what shipping would cost.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ended up painting my galvanized rims black with Berliner pain before buying cheap wheel covers at Walmart for $20 a set. I've lost two wheel covers since but bought a spare set so it's all good and a lot cheaper than rims. All three alternatives are fine choosing between them is a personal / financial thing.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If interested and you could wait, I may be going to Reading PA over Christmas time frame and you could pick them up there.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also saw several posts on the old site where members sprayed them and their trailer with plasti-dip spray coating.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Plasti dip. Do a search on you tube. The results are impressive.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine are plasti dipped after the "chrome" started peeling off.

image.jpg

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll start with plasti-dip. My son did his car and it does look nice although the saab OEM Rims looked nice. He said that if I take the wheels off, he will take care of it.

Thanks for the help.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll start with plasti-dip. My son did his car and it does look nice although the saab OEM Rims looked nice. He said that if I take the wheels off, he will take care of it.

Thanks for the help.
Damn, I need a son like that. I think mine would only offer to check out my work when I'm done.

I may be going with out wheel covers soon as I lost two more on the way out camping the weekend.

image.jpg image.jpg

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow - I like the look of the covers that you have so I will look at wally world.

Haha, I will send my son over and you can have him for the next 5 years. He will plasti-dip for you but you get to send him to college (engineering = $$).

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Done - I might try this. I will have them plasti dipped as well so that the silver doesn't show thru. If I lose a wheel cover, I can also just keep them bare.

wheel cover.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bet if I would have put the wheel covers on when the paint was wet I'd still be on my original set of four.

I may switch to something like you posted when I use up the wheels covers I have now. Those three color wheel covers look nice. Please share the source / brand / price info.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That does look good. I need new tires and maybe I will get those covers too.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The new rims arrived ($55 for 4) and they are on. Here is the before and after which I think looks a little better. Yes?

image1.JPG image1 1.JPG image1 2.JPG