• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trailer Running Lights

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We have no running/marker lights on the trailer. Boat 21 195s, trailer is a 22 picked up in May 21. Truck is a 21 GMC Sierra 1500 bought in November. When starting the truck, the display says no connection defaults. A few minutes later the display says check trailer lamps. Brakes, turn signal and flashers work but not the running lights., First occurred two weeks ago on the way to FL. We left at about 5:00am, 25-30 minutes later got the display message, pulled over checked the connections, all good. We drove about an hour and half with no trailer lights, obviously not real safe. Ran the diagnostics on the truck it pointed to the third pin, Any thoughts as to whether it's the truck or the trailer? If trailer, do I have to do to Shoreland'r?

Do you have power to the plug when they're on with the trailer unhooked? Check that with a test light first. If not, check the fuse for the trailer lights under the hood. I have this same issue with the running lights on my stock trailer. There's a direct short somewhere on my trailer & it'll pop the fuse immediately.

We have no running/marker lights on the trailer. Boat 21 195s, trailer is a 22 picked up in May 21. Truck is a 21 GMC Sierra 1500 bought in November. When starting the truck, the display says no connection defaults. A few minutes later the display says check trailer lamps. Brakes, turn signal and flashers work but not the running lights., First occurred two weeks ago on the way to FL. We left at about 5:00am, 25-30 minutes later got the display message, pulled over checked the connections, all good. We drove about an hour and half with no trailer lights, obviously not real safe. Ran the diagnostics on the truck it pointed to the third pin, Any thoughts as to whether it's the truck or the trailer? If trailer, do I have to do to Shoreland'r?
Do you have your vehicle lights turned on? My runners only work when the headlights come on (F150 platinum)

Do you have your vehicle lights turned on? My runners only work when the headlights come on (F150 platinum)
Will double check next time we take the boat out (hopefully this Friday). Boat & Trailer about 30 mins from house.

Do you have power to the plug when they're on with the trailer unhooked? Check that with a test light first. If not, check the fuse for the trailer lights under the hood. I have this same issue with the running lights on my stock trailer. There's a direct short somewhere on my trailer & it'll pop the fuse immediately.
Will check this first.

Will double check next time we take the boat out (hopefully this Friday). Boat & Trailer about 30 mins from house.
More I think about this more I’m thinking you might have a short somewhere.

I have had nothing but problems with this POS Sh!tl@nder trailer. Crappy bow roller, squeaky AF, replaced 2 taillight bulbs already, loose bunks. NOW to top it off yesterday my truck started giving me a turn indicator fault on the right blinker, went back and looked at the trailer and the flasher is working? SMH.

Agree with others, check to see if you have power to that pin on the truck plug. I recently had no left turn signal on my trailer, chased everything down and was stumped. Came to find that on my truck (2021 Ram 1500), each pin on the trailer plug has its own fuse in the main truck fuse box. The left turn fuse was blown for some reason. Replaced and back in business.

Hopefully it’s this. Running lights only work with headlights on my Toyota too but an error is weird.
Are they like Christmas lights where one bulb can burn out & kill all the other running lights too?

The DREADED SHORLANDR wiring. The single largest complaint I had and still have about my Yamaha Package.

No need for explanations. This was my wiring inside my galvanized 017 Shorlandr Trailer. Tore it all out and replaced with LED and ran the wires on the outside.
Shorlandr Trailer Wiring 2.jpgShorlandr Trailer Wiring 1.jpg

The DREADED SHORLANDR wiring. The single largest complaint I had and still have about my Yamaha Package.

No need for explanations. This was my wiring inside my galvanized 017 Shorlandr Trailer. Tore it all out and replaced with LED and ran the wires on the outside.
View attachment 176386View attachment 176387
Sh@tLander strikes again. Which LED kit did you install? Any problems since? We’re only in fresh water so less brutal than the Hawaii salt. But still thinking I may do an electric overhaul.

Aloha,

At the time I was in real need real fast so I picked up a set at Walmart. They've been working flawless since 2020. I have not connected any of the Sh@tlandr (funny) side markers or that light bar at the back underneath. Just the two rear lights, zip tied to frame rails. I used those water resistant heat activated soldering connections to connect the wiring to the lights.

-scott

Not a fuse issue, pulled all trailer related fuses, all good. Will continue done the rabbit hole.

Use a test light to verify that you have power for them at the truck side plug and then proceed to the trailer. If you have power there then it's more than likely a broken wire on the trailer.

Use a test light to verify that you have power for them at the truck side plug and then proceed to the trailer. If you have power there then it's more than likely a broken wire on the trailer.
That'll be the next logical step. Not sure I have a test light, but that's an easy fix.

Back