• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer step

Chief fan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Im the one man show getting the boat off the trailer at the boat ramp and constantly struggle getting in the boat . I usually step on the tongue and pull myself up in the boat so looking at a step so its easier to get in the boat. Anyone have a step on their trailer?

I moved my spare tire to the tounge for this reason. I use the tire as a step.

Not sure if all the trailers are similar but the seadek kit for the trailer tongue and winch from jetboatpilot helped a lot with mine.
At least I don’t feel like I’m going to slip off and bust my face on the bow now.

Not sure if all the trailers are similar but the seadek kit for the trailer tongue and winch from jetboatpilot helped a lot with mine.
At least I don’t feel like I’m going to slip off and bust my face on the bow now.
I did the same with some grip tape .

My preferred method is to very carefully ease off the bow until my foot slips off the trailer, so I can tumble down and gouge my shin on the sharp edge of the trailer on my way into the water on my back, then stand up quickly looking like Eddy Murphy just smashed me through the buffet table in Beverly Hills Cop...

Back