• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailering damage?

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Could this have been caused by a rock chunking up when trailering? I can’t figure out how what would have caused this. I don’t think it would be manufacturing defect, but I just don’t know. Only 25 hours. And never backed over anything or ran over any junk just surprise.

It’s up above the jet pump. About the size of a dime and very rough.

Attachments

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how big? looks tiny...like the size of a dime or less. looks like impact

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely looks like an impact of some kind.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It looks like you may have hit something in the water.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
maybe the jets got some something in the water swirling up there. just seems crazy that it's above the pump. Looks like I'll be getting a gel coat repair kit.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Could this have been caused by a rock chunking up when trailering? I can’t figure out how what would have caused this. I don’t think it would be manufacturing defect, but I just don’t know. Only 25 hours. And never backed over anything or ran over any junk just surprise.

It’s up above the jet pump. About the size of a dime and very rough.
@Beachcampin .....and it was, for sure, not there when you purchased it? I had a very similar looking chip on the underside of a strake that was deemed to be a factory mold release defect and is as I type this being repaired under warranty. :cool:

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I didn’t lay around underneath it when I picked it up. Examined the bottom, but this is in an unusual place. Not sure if there’s a way to discern mold release issue from rock spinning around above the jet pump.