• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transducer Problem: Flashing 0 depth

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone... I am sure this has been addressed in other posts but my 2016 242 Limited S is not showing any depth... just flashing 0.0 all the time... any suggestions? I don't even know where it is located on the bottom of the boat.

Thanks a lot and be safe out there!

mine is the same, get a third-party gauge, I think the OEM gauge sucks. I purchased a garmin chartplotter to handle depth and water temp, among other things.

My connext crashed a few weeks ago, got a rebooting message, once that happened the depth gauge worked for like 5 minutes, than back to flashing.

mine is the same, get a third-party gauge, I think the OEM gauge sucks. I purchased a garmin chartplotter to handle depth and water temp, among other things.

My connext crashed a few weeks ago, got a rebooting message, once that happened the depth gauge worked for like 5 minutes, than back to flashing.
Any recommended 3rd-party one?

I do not, I did a quick search on westmarine and found this one (out of stock thought) RAYMARINE i40 Depth Instrument | West Marine

looks like the sell depth only (and a way to mount a thru-hull transducer, so no cutting. Caveat is you will have to run the wires to/from the battery and helm.

I've found if its flashing, your in too shallow of water.

no, its not that, at least for me. I'm in 80 feet of water and its flashing zero. I wet slip so I'm not sure if the last 6 years killed the transducer (wherever it is) or its something else.

Make sure the transducer is real clean, scrub it with a wet scotch bright. Cant have any thing on its surface. Remove the connector and make sure the connection is clean, add some dielectric grease

Make sure the transducer is real clean, scrub it with a wet scotch bright. Cant have any thing on its surface. Remove the connector and make sure the connection is clean, add some dielectric grease
How do you remove the connector?

It has to connect somewhere. Follow the leads up

Back