• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

traveling with the tower lowered

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am getting my boat shrink wrapped for the winter and I need the tower to be down when it goes in my storage building so I'm guessing they will have to wrap with the tower down. I then have to pull it about 30 miles is it OK to travel with the tower down. I've seen them shipped down but I think they have some sort of bracing or support. Those cables make me nervous just wandering if anyone else has moved there's with the tower lowered on a 242

Your dealer should have giving you the supports to brace it when traveling with it down. You're not supposed to tow it with the tower down unless it's secured with the braces. Even says so in the manual.

Ok I'll have to call them do you have any idea what the braces look like I definately don't think I have them

here are what they look like.tower brace.jpg

Back