• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

tree has no love for boat & is no windshield doable?

Austonian

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Hi,

Austin experienced severe weather & our tree decided to say hi to our brand-new 212xe.

The windshield, windshield assembly, & bimini poles are completely ruined. Minus the sound bar, the tower looks ok to the eye. Dealer says the parts might be available in August.

Has anyone tried going without a windshield? Not ideal, but looking for recommendations to salvage this boat season.

One of the branches punctured the ski locker door & broke the integrated ballast bag & piping. Thankfully it did not puncture the floor of the ski locker. Progressive adjuster is coming out & I need to pick a shop for quotes. Shops seem very backed up with work.

Looking for recommendations in critical damage I should check for & look into, prior to putting her back in the water, & any advice in general. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210529_092810.jpg
    20210529_092810.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 111
  • 20210529_135611.jpg
    20210529_135611.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 109
  • 20210529_092731.jpg
    20210529_092731.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 114
Yeah, that really sucks. Sorry to hear this.

i smashed a windshield years ago and drove the boat no problem. Just make sure you remove anything with sharp edges. Maybe you can find a boat shop who can make it safely drivable quickly even if it will take a while for a full repair.

It’s good that the hull looks like it did not take a hit. It’s very doable to boat without windshield. Body of water have low to no dust so sometimes in my previous boat I remove windshield, it’s actually refreshing on a hot day. Hope you get the parts soon!

Thanks y'all for the info. We pulled the driver side windshield & assembly off & things don't look too bad. Looks sleeker :)

Attachments

• 20210530_131709.jpg
    20210530_131709.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
Boats like the Exciter and LS2000 didn't have significant windshields. I never minded on my LS2000. I'd run it without for the summer if that's what I had to do. Deal with full repairs in the off season.

Last edited:
Makes sense. Given that windshield & assembly are not available until August at best, makes the decision simple.

Curious how the insurance claim process works in situations like these. Specifically, when the insured item cannot be brought to original condition in a reasonable time?

Back