• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trim tabs on 19ft

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Wondering if anyone has added trim tabs to their 19ft boat to help with the chop. Considering it as an off season upgrade to make things smoother for my wife on the boat. Love to hear the goods and bads. Have a 195s.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have Trim tabs on my 2019 AR 195. I think they help in chop but also slow down the boat when in use. Of course, you really don't want to be running fast if you need to activate the tabs anyways. They don't help for loading (side to side) but I have them mounted next to the pump. (The only way I could fit them) I try o take a picture when I return home.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks. That would be helpful to see how they are attached. What size did you get? Thx

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Here is a picture from the rear. They are lectrotab 9X9 Aluminum alloy. They work well. I just wish I would have / could have mounted more towards the outsides of the center-line of the boat. This way, it would benefit the loading

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
No. I couldn't. On some older boats, I believe 2017 or older, some mounted the actuators backwards. I couldn't see how to do it with the hull change on 2019+. Search the forum and your see what I am talking about. Regardless, it works the same for rough water. The only thing you lose out on it being mounted closer to the pump is the side loading. For example, if everyone is sitting on one side of the boat. Then you won't be able to level it out.