• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Trip to Lake Blue Ridge, GA

Jeff

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are trailering the boat to the Blue Ridge mountains and will be boating on Lake Blue Ridge. Have never been anywhere but the Tampa area on the gulf. Anybody been there and know of anything I should be aware of? Also, anything I need to do different for fresh water? I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

It's funny you mention that because we got to thinking that it will probably be colder than what were used to. Hopefully the kids will get in, otherwise it could be a long week. Thanks for the response.

According to this website current water temps for that lake is 72* which would be nice (http://www.fishingnotes.com/lakeinfo.php?id=6265). Looks like a beautiful lake and great area to visit. Have a great trip.image.jpg
As far as boating in fresh water, much less involved than boating in salt water ( no flushing). We just blow out both engines after loading and wipe the boat down, more time to relax;).

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Craig. By the way, at 72 degrees I'll have to buy the kids wetsuits to get them in the water.lol. I'll have to keep that quiet until were up there or they won't want to go. Thanks again!

72 will be nice? Lol! My house is kept at 78 and we are chilled at night! We don't enter water under 80 over the knee.

Looks like you are in for some beautiful mountainous scenery. Please post some pics upon your return. Your boat will love you for the fresh water bath. There is likely rock and not glorious white sand so be careful in the shallows.

Have fun and report back!

Back