• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tru-Lock 2 vs Tru-Lock

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will's Wife just had a baby so it may take a while for him to respond.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tru lock 2 gets an added stainless steel rod added to the kit That replaces the factory roller pin. This square rod doubles the contact patch of the latch that holds the t handle in the down position. It also helps prevent the "partial lock" which is potentially the reason plugs launch in the first place.

__ScottyDont

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tru lock 2 gets an added stainless steel rod added to the kit That replaces the factory roller pin. This square rod doubles the contact patch of the latch that holds the t handle in the down position. It also helps prevent the "partial lock" which is potentially the reason plugs launch in the first place.
Thanks Will, so as I take it an overall improvement for how the locking mechanism really sticks in place having a square rod instead of roller pin that can slip. Any possibility of having an "upgrade kit" available?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes we can upgrade you. If you will pay postage I will send you the parts. Email me at will@jetboatpilot.com with all your info and we will ship today.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You know what is so kewl about Tru Lock 2's ? LOL ......... They work ! I guess ...... never had a plug blow out (An item I have actually had nightmares over ....... LOL, LOL, LOL !).
OK, Ok ...... calm down ........ Now where exactly were we ?
Best Wishes for a great week to all - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA