• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trying to replace gasket on my exhaust housing because its leaking water...HELP89iu7

frank Barber

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
There is not enough space to get gasket in as you can see. i can loosen the motor mounts and use leverage to push engine to the side a little, but i have to use force to push it and Im afraid of damaging something. I was going to use liquid marine gasket instead. Does anyone have any suggestions besides pulling whole engine out to change it?_IMG_000000_000000 (1).jpg _IMG_000000_000000.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Can you take the bolts out one by one and the cover will come out......clean the surface, put permetex on, let set for a little while it starts to cure a touch then put the cover back on and insert bolts one by one?