• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tullytown Area 6/15

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this is a bit late but anyone interested or already trying to go out in the Delaware River tomorrow? I've never been but planning on launching at Quaker Penn Park tomorrow morning. Plan to explore the river a bit, maybe hit the sandbar north of the launch or swim in Tullytown Cove with the family.

If anyone else has some pointers for a first timer with the family, i'm all ears! Happy Boating and Happy Fathers day Dads.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We boat in that area a lot. The sand bar is only accessible at low tide. Otherwise thats a nice area. water is much calmer than farther south by the city. It's a longer ride but heading south past Philly and up the Schuylkill has some really nice views of the city.

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We boat in that area a lot. The sand bar is only accessible at low tide. Otherwise thats a nice area. water is much calmer than farther south by the city. It's a longer ride but heading south past Philly and up the Schuylkill has some really nice views of the city.
Is it boat chop and wakes by the city or a bit of everything? It's all deep from tullytown and South correct?

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I bit of everything. Never stopped us from heading there. Just not as calm as up north. The channel runs from north of Tully town all the way to the ocean. Not many places you need to worry about depth.

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's what I figured. South of Trenton is definitely OK for our boats. We'll see what the storm washes down the river tomorrow and if it's OK to swim for the kiddos.

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ended up to be a gorgeous day Saturday on the River. Learned a few things and loved exploring. Exploring does however consume a bunch of fuel :winkingthumbsup". Took my MIL and FIL with us to cruise. Dropped in at Quaker Penn Park and rode all the way to the Walt Whitman bridge. The river was so calm compared to Ocean City or Lake/big body of water because wind cant chop it up as much. I couldn't believe there were very few boats out on the entire trip to the bridge from the ramp. We did get in early, around 10-10:30A. Probably closer to the latter after one of the kids got done with her meltdown. Young kids are fun ain't they?

I also took a right at the Rancocas Creek thinking it was the little split off around the island a little further north. I got to call the bridgemaster to open the bridge for us. The kids loved it. Went up that creek a few miles, saw a few of those small river boats with the big blocks sticking out the back flying up the creek. The no wake zones are really strange. I didn't know whether or not the no wake was for the entire width of the creek or it was just inside the buoys to the shoreline.

We also stopped along the shoreline North of the creek on the NJ side. Its sad to see how much trash is left or that just washes up in general. The mud is insane and was very fun to clean on Fathers day. Would not recommend. I need more pressure in my camping shower for washdown. Would work with sand and salt but not that mud.
20240615_111548.jpg 20240615_112819.jpg20240615_122437.jpg