• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Twin rotax 200 different rpms under acceleration

tbauer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I've got a 2015 Chaparral vortex VRX 223 with twin 200s with approximately 30 hours, purchased new April 2016. I just recently picked up my boat from Plano marine in Longview tx after having some service done. Had the 25 hour service done with an oil change and had the medallion viper 1 screen changed out under warranty due to bubbles in the screen. Now for my problem. My port side motor shows that it accelerates at 2000 rpm less than the starboard side. My starboard motor will accelerate to 7800-8100 very quickly while my port side shows 5500 rpm give or take a few hundred. They only sync rpms at lower speeds and rpms below 5000 rpm never on the top end. This has been an issue since the break in period ended. The dealership said they reset the throttle position sensors and flashed the computers but I'm still having the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas that might help me out? Yes the motor sync is turned on in the viper touch screen. I've visually inspected the intakes and impellers and everything looks fine there. I have two dealerships here in DFW (both Plano marine dealerships) and neither have a technician that has any experience they basically have to call BRP for guidance. Any help is appreciated.

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Does the port engine never get over 6000 rpm? If it doesn't it sounds like an issue with the supercharger.

tbauer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It will go over 6000 rpms but never as fast as the the starboard motor. Not even close to the same speed. Matter of fact it seems like it never reaches 7800-8100 rpm like the starboard side.

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

tbauer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sounds good, I will

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Check the supercharger hose connections, could be that there is a leak between the supercharger and the intercooler.

tbauer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Good idea! I'll update this weekend.

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Did you figure out your issue?

Jet16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@tbauer .... I had a similar issue with my 2014 Scarab 215 HO Impulse. Took it to the dealer and they said that they were able to get the engines to about within 500-700 rpms of each other. Was never really happy with this solution, but that was their final answer on the topic. I sold the boat to get in to my Chap, but another theory someone had was that if the wrong type of oil is used or some other chemical brand not specific to the brp engine it could cause an issue with one of the engine sensors thus resulting in the engine sync issue. No idea if this is your problem, but just another theory to ponder. Good Luck!

juliette

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Other
Anyone have any further info on this? We just got our 223 Vortex and have the same problem. Day 1 we noticed this issue. At slow speeds, the engines are about 500rpm apart but at 20 mph, the engines are running at 1000 rpm difference.

Interestingly, at exactly 30mph in ECO mode only, they sync up but otherwise, they don't.

Attachments

Mr.Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have the same problem. By slow speed are arround 300-500 rpm different. By full speed to the begin og the year arround 200rpm different (see picture), 3 monath later i have no different rpm, the other problem is i have not the full rpm. Before arround 8000rpm by full speed, now only 7600rpm, get not more by full speed.

Attachments

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@juliette and @Mr.Happy my wife and I were looking at a Vortex on the weekend with the Viper touchscreen and it may have an option for that. Check in the touchscreen System Settings (gear icon)...I believe there is an option to adjust the sync in there? Everything is electronic with the throttle control so it might just need to be reset.

Mr.Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That's not the problem, the problem is, if I have too little RPM, I do not have enough speed :). Normally both motors would have to turn 8050 rpm. I did service on the Supercharger, that did not help :-(. Does anyone have an idea what else could be checked?

Mr.Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Here can i see, a short moment maximum RPM, an then i lost arround 400 RPM. What a shit.
20190324_153517_1.mp4