• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Unbend windsheild

jspo909

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bought my first boat (2011 sx210). The center windshield came with a pretty good bend in it and making it not sit right. Any way to bend it back without breaking the glass? 20220511_200232.jpg

Attachments

• 20220512_185758.jpg
    20220512_185758.jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 34
Bought my first boat (2011 sx210). The center windshield came with a pretty good bend in it and making it not sit right. Any way to bend it back without breaking the glass? View attachment 177734
Can you take the frame apart to remove the glass and then straighten the frame and reassemble?
It should come apart pretty easy

Dang, suprised the glass didn't break. Maybey a couple 2x4's and some clamps might straighten it out somewhat. Wont get it perfectly straight most likely.

Can you take the frame apart to remove the glass and then straighten the frame and reassemble?
It should come apart pretty easy
I'll
Dang, suprised the glass didn't break. Maybey a couple 2x4's and some clamps might straighten it out somewhat. Wont get it perfectly straight most likely.
Ill try that a try. Any ideas about touching up that damage it caused so its not as noticeable?

maybe touch it up with a little bit of primer. then cover it with a small piece of self adhesive backed sheet rubber. Make it look like it was the cushion for the frame that was already there. ?

We had the windshield slam shut on a windy day years ago. I was amazed how much the glass bent without breaking. I simply supported the two sides and pushed it back straight. IMG_2148rev1.jpg

We had the windshield slam shut on a windy day years ago. I was amazed how much the glass bent without breaking. I simply supported the two sides and pushed it back straight. View attachment 177748
You did that with the glass still in the frame, correct?

Correct. If I recall correctly I straddled it across 2x4 with the glass and frame wrapped in a towel and stepped on it.

Back