• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Underwater LED's on 2015 242

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Has anyone done this yet? My dealer is going to install two for me (if Yamaha ever delivers the boat). I wanted them to go on the sides of the back (to the outside of each jet). Dealer says they can't on the 2015 because the surface is not smooth. They want to mount them in the middle between the jets. I'm thinking there has to be a way around this and surely some one here would know....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sure you can, but you have to fabricate a bezel that fills the contour of the curved sides of the transom, and the other side flat to accommodate the fixture. Quality audio/video/lighting installers do it all the time. Recommend using King Starboard as a base, rough the contour out with a hand held sander such as a belt sander or random orbital, then adhere some 80 grit to the transom edge where the light will mount with double sided tape and hone the piece until it fits snug. Then you finish sand the piece and install it between the boat and fixture, filling all edges and holes with quality underwater sealant like Life Caulk or 3M 4200. It is a labor of love...