• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Underwater LEDs

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those of you the have them what do you think? How reliable are they and will they last in salt water?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am not sure a drain plug LED would be worth it, I can't image it would put off much light. I went with Coastal Night LEDs, http://www.coastalnightlights.com/, because of them being in plastic housing and their price was reasonable. After a continuous week in salt water they still look brand new.

Here are a few pictures of mine, the in water pictures are in Bimini at the marina.

LED - installed 1.jpg

LED - water 1.jpg

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Helipilot11 Honestly, for an extra $20 I rather get a warranty, and not use the "friends and family" in Paypal. No disrespect to him at all, but I rather pay the extra cash and have a piece of mind. Thanks for the link man.

@Marvin willis Dont fall for that scam. That picture is still shot from a video of boat with OceanLED lights.

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
None taken @ScarabMike . If you are interested though I could check with my neighbor to see if he has anymore. If he does you are so close I could have one of my drivers bring it up to you, if you like it pay him, if not no worries. Anyway if you want I will find out. The only reason I did friends and family was because I was just passing on the savings. If I did it the regular way they charge me although I guess I could have passed the charge along for peace of mind.

I'm still trying to work out if I can get to the regatta. Did you book?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Underwater lights are so cool. They are on my list of to-do's also!

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think they are cool. My only hold up is in the 3 1/2 years I've had my boat I've had it out at night twice

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think they are cool. My only hold up is in the 3 1/2 years I've had my boat I've had it out at night twice
I need to get some lights. My favorite time on the water is early evening until after dark. Hard for me not to get upset when people want to go back in before dark. This time of year in Texas, right before and after dark is nice after 100+ degrees!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Consider the water you will be boating in before spending the money and drilling the holes. The waterway I am on is all suspended sediment and the lights just don't do anything. We talk about trailering to Lake Michigan just to see the lights work in clear water.