• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Unlicensed Charter Boat Captain

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
39ft SeaRay for sale, minor cosmetic damage....

Um, yeah, no thanks. Lake St Clair can be dicey - I would want a solid charter captain. From the article, the guy sounds like a menace.

Um, yeah, no thanks. Lake St Clair can be dicey - I would want a solid charter captain. From the article, the guy sounds like a menace.

Lake St. Clair is not bad, if you know where to go and what not to do.

Pirate!

Lake St. Clair is not bad, if you know where to go and what not to do.

Agreed, but the chop can get nasty and there are those ships. Many hazards on a party boat if the captain doesn’t have his ducks in a row at all times

We don't mess around near the tankers ever. We give them a wide birth in the rivers and main channel down the Lake. So Many bays, coves, islands and calm water, there is always something to do. It does get rough right around downtown detroit from belle Isle down for a few miles since the waves bounce again the canada and us shores on the break walls and it turns into a bath tub. I was in 6' footers, rollers, one time because multiple tankers where coming through, about pissed myself. When me and the admiral got further North to Belle Isle it was nice calm and we were very relieved.. Haven't made that mistake again.

Back