• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

UOA: 2019 Yamaha Waverunner FX Cruiser HO - Amsoil Marine 10W-40

jtwrace

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Here is my oil change using Blackstone Labs for analysis with AMSOIL INC 10W-40 Marine in a Yamaha 1.8L

* My first oil change was at 5 hrs using Yamalube and then at 10 hrs which I then switched to Amsoil. All oil changes have used the OEM Oil Filter as shown.

** Just to note I have used Ethanol Free Gas exclusively and have used Sta-Bil Marine 360 in every top off.

As you can see from the photos of the filter, there are small ( > 20 micron) aluminum specs. Nothing to be concerned about as it's normal and the oil concludes that as well.

For those that are curious, it's $28 for the oil analysis. This is very common in Aerospace and many other industries so I'm not that far off...well, OK, maybe a little but it's my world.
1f609.png

Blackstone Laboratories | Oil Analysis - Learn What's Going On In Your Engine
https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...?code=WCFQT-EA

***After me studying the first report, I requested a retest of the fuel content which is the reason for the amended report. The Flashpoint temp as 380°F, just barely above the “should be “ value of >375°F. Amsoil begins with a Flashpoint temp of 464°F when new, fuel dilution is the only means that the Flashpoint temp could be reduced by 84°F. This would be more than enough fuel dilution to reduce the viscosity to the 30-weight range.

blackstone.jpg
filter.jpgfilter2.jpgfilter3.jpgfilter4.jpgfilter5.jpgfilter6.jpg

So, after thinking about this for a bit. I figured it was time to investigate the fuel injectors as that's typically the cause for such high fuel in oil. As you can see, the #4 injector passed QC and was defective. It was simply missed as I'm sure not every injector is tested when making many of them. They typically spot check an item like this so who knows how many are out there!

Feathering.jpg
Look at the right (cyl 4) injector Feathering

Leak Test.jpg
Leak test

Static Volume Test.jpg
Static Volume Test

Static flow rate for 15 seconds @ 3 bar.jpg
Static flow rate for 15 seconds @ 3 bar

New injector.jpg
New injector on right for cylinder 4 solved the issue of feathering shown above.

Last edited:
Back