• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upgrading original Thrust Vectors

pulaskijb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone. I am a new owner of a 2011 AR240. She has the origional thrust vectors on it. I am thinking of upgrading them to a larger size. For those of you whom have done this, is the controlability significantly better than the originals? Has anyone went with the cobra versions instead? I appreciate any thoughts on this

Have a good one.

Pulaskijb

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went from the original Cobra fins (small) to the Thrust Vector XL and the difference was quite noticeable!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bigger fins are better. The originals were designed for much smaller boats.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@pulaskijb glad to have you on board, update your profile with your location and it will automatically add you to the member map, maybe there is someone close by that has the larger fins that could give you a demo on the water, I have the cobra magnums because I like to keep them deployed at all speeds, The FAQ has a thread about both so that you can compare,

pulaskijb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the feed back. One concern that I have is that I am wondering if any OEM parts were disgarded during the install of the thrust vectors. If I went to the cobra system, I believe all of the stock equipment needs to be there. Has anyone run into this problem?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't remember ending up with spare parts from the boat after the install. You can watch the install video:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@pulaskijb the upgrade charge is $149.95 plus a $100 refundable core charge if you want to upgrade your originals. Call us on Monday if you'd like to learn more.

Thanks!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I went from the thrust vectors to the cobra ultimates and am a big fan of the ultimates. The fact you can lock them down or have them raise up really adds to the flexibility of the first. I lock our down and have noticed a huge difference in handling during board sports.