• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Using 190sx in salt water

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought my 2019 190SX in October 2018. We have been to the Florida Keys and Ft Myers area a few times and taken the boat. We either keep it on the trailer or rent a house with a lift. Since covid we have been working from home and taking more 2 week vacations where we work part time and take the boat.

Normally the boat is trailered to fresh water.

At what point do I need to worry about changing the anode to a salt water compatible one? It looks like just the one off the drive so changing would not be a big deal. Is it necessary for 2 weeks at a time a couple times a year?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Change it and not worry about it anymore. Simple and not costly upgrade.

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Steve73

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do I know if my anode is Zinc, Aluminum or Magnesium? 2018 AR190.

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Take a few shavings from your anode, burn them over a Bunsen burner and record the wavelength of the light they release. Reference against the wavelength of zinc, aluminum, and magnesium.

Or, bring the shavings down to your local mass spectrometer?

Only other idea is to take a picture of your anode and compare it to other ones online. But that isn’t very scientific…

FX195

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2018 has been always in saltwater, original anode still looks good, 175hrs

Croker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Definanly change it if your going into salt water it takes no more then 3 mins and will potentailly save you a fortune in maintnece costs and corrosion damage. Chuck a Zinc anode on it and replace it onces it starts to break down. Our boat lives in salt water for 2-3 months per year and we often replace the 200-300g block once during its time in the water.