• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Various upgrades...

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
None of this happened, because I don't have the pics yet... Sorry, we were rushed. They are coming.

Replaced the bow stop roller on the trailer. One bolt job. Couldn't be easier. Except if I had the right tools. Two deep socket 19mm would have been ideal. Now hopefully the roller won't be scuffing my boat any longer.

Rewired the amp on wire to the antenna wire of the receiver. I had it just to the receiver positive previously, which was pretty messy. Now it stays off until I turn on the receiver.

Installed new fire extinguisher. This is embarrassing. While rewireing, it occurred to me that the little Kidde fire extinguisher I had mounted to the port side of the opening to the helm in the compartment had not been checked since installation. However, while examining the thing, there was no gauge and nothing evident for how to check it. Idiot that I was, I read the directions. They said to push the white button. If it pops back, then it is fine and if not replace it.

The only white button, as it turns out, is the activating switch for the extinguisher... Poof. Cough, cough, cough...

Installed 4 1.5" rod holders from Academy in the head compartment aft wall, positioned to hold the 2 table legs.

Installed two Blue Sea terminal fuse holders (dual) on the two batteries. If only USPS had not messed up shipping the actual fuses from Amazon...

Installed the Blue Sea dual circuit switch. Install of the ACR that came with the Add A Battery is pending the fuses... And for me to finish making the two wires to connect it, but no point to that until the fuses are here.

Lots of little things. Very satisfying to have some of this little stuff done.

I agree it is satisfying. For me I just hate having anything broken. I recently received three things. One was a new rub rail (Gunwale), two vents for my boat cover, and a speaker another forum member gave me for the price of shipping (nice). I went out the next day and installed all three. I haven't taken the boat out since but it's certainly nice knowing the boat is in tip top shape sitting in the side yard.

For the bow stop roller... I replaced mine several years ago as the factory black one was leaving black material and scuffs on the bow. Sorry to say the new upgraded one is better but I still have damage from it.

Sounds like a kiddie joke

I'm a boat fascist, it would seem. Even though you *can* fish off our boats, they really aren't fishing boats. Putting rod holders, or trolling motors on our boats makes me cry just a little. Any boat with a tower is a nightmare to fish from. Without a tower, it really depends on the layout. The JBP fishing layout for the 24' boats seems pretty nice, the 242LS or 240 L or 240 HO would be perfect for this but the rest is so hard to fish from. I have tried to fish from my boat and best effort I have 2 people fishing successfully (in no wind because I have no trolling motor). Take the same thing, and a 18' bayliner with no tower and a trolling motor, I can fish 4 people with MUCH more ease (regardless of the trolling motor). No tangled lines, no mess of casting around a tower, ... etc.

I don't want to come across the wrong way, but fishing from a Yamaha with our boat layout is like ice fishing. You have to be stopped/anchored and you can only fish 3 spots (2 aft 1 bow) regardless of the boat size.

I love my 242LS, but as my wife says... "You put your fishing rod on this boat I'm going to kill you"

edit: I am now realizing in my drunken state that I have royally derailed the topic of this thread and focused on only a singular statement of the upgrade that the OP made. My bad OP :-(.

LOL! No, not that type of rod holder.

These are 1.5" diameter rod holders. They are clamp-like thingies that are holding the table legs to the wall of the head.

I haven't fished from my boat yet. Sure I suppose I could. But I could do lots of things that I simply won't be doing...

LOL! No, not that type of rod holder.

These are 1.5" diameter rod holders. They are clamp-like thingies that are holding the table legs to the wall of the head.

I haven't fished from my boat yet. Sure I suppose I could. But I could do lots of things that I simply won't be doing...

Thank god! I thought you were drilling 1" holes in your fiberglass and adding uber ugly rod holder slots like others are doing (with their late model ski boats). I have yet to see a mastercraft with permanent rod holders installed into it. The day I see a ski boat with perm. down-riggers on it, I don't know what I will do with myself.

I worry about hooks and the expensive soft cushions on our boats. If my family wants to fish they are forced to use the swim desk to reduce the chance that hooks will be stuck in the cushions.

I have great confidence in my family. I could limit fishing to not within 50' of the vessel and they would still find a way to get a hook into a cushion...

No tower and we fish 4 people easy. I have a Bow mount trolling motor, 2 fish finders, rod holders on the back. The only annoyance is the ass slide, other than that she fishes quite well and we get through some skinny water to reach the hot spots.

No fishing on our boat.

Completed the battery switch install. ..
20140710_203344.jpg

"The only white button, as it turns out, is the activating switch for the extinguisher... Poof. Cough, cough, cough..."

You owe me a keyboard! And a refill on the coffee.....

For the PWC extinguishers, if the safety pin is still in the extinguisher, it should not go off when you push it down to the stop. If it is "good" the button will spring back from the stop easily. Mine was VERY slow to rebound and +6 years old so I replaced. Glad I didn't get the surprise you did! I should have remembered to use the old one on the 4th to see what it really had left.

Tim: THANKS for the photo ! I did know what ou meant, but couldn't figger out for the life of me what kind of pole holders you used. The photo answers that.
Now I'ld like to add to this neat thread and ask you a question:

Did you remove the carpeted side WALLS to add things in this compartment ?
Or just screw "into" the walls while they were installed in the sides ? (Hope I asked this in a communicative way).

Thanks for helping me out here. This is what has kept me from doing "mods" in this area (and our 2422 needs it badly). I was afraid I had to remove the "walls" and didn't know how to get them removed.
Appreciate your comments, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Oh ! And Glassman's so right: You also owe me a new keyboard and a fresh cup of coffee.

Back