• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vortex - Code reader / Diagnostics / reset tool

Jg35South

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wondering if anyone has been able to purchase a code reader to reset the the oil change and other codes? I don't want to pay the dealer $400 for $50 oil change. If you have purchased one, please give info. on cost, and where / how to purchase. Thanks!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a bump for you. Hopefully some “Chaps” will chime in. I am totally with you. Having the YDS software and cable for my Yamaha makes it hard to move to something else that takes away my access and control. I favor the 23’ Vortex over the new Yamahas for a few reasons; but hope to see the Vortex stay popular enough where solutions have been discovered.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have the CanDoo Pro system. It's not cheap. I paid $400. Still hurts but beats driving 2+ hours back to the dealer (my time is more valuable). It'll pay for itself over time. Also, look on FB in the Chaparral group. There was discussion of another system. I have no info on it.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Dean P have you found this useful for anything besides resetting maintenance reminder? Trying to justify the cost. Right now I just ignore the reminder lights.

@Jg35South here’s the link to candoo pro. BRP(home) [1000] - $399.00 : CANDooPro LLC, Diagnostic Tools

Heres the FB group with vortex owners. Chaparral Vortex Boat Owners Group As dean said get there and search Buds or candoo and you’ll find discussion on the 2 systems. It was a couple months back.
The maintenance reminders would go off like every 5 minutes per engine (for me anyways); drove me nuts!

Benefits:
  1. Works on 1 engine at a time
  2. Reads and writes back to the engine
  3. It's the only way to remove error codes.
  4. Error code descriptions
  5. Maintenance countdown - Useful in determining how many hours are left, ie planning an Abacos or Bimini trip
  6. Maintenance reset
  7. Engine diagnostics - have not used this (don't understand what I'm reading)
  8. Saves time and money by not going to a dealer - this was the main reason for me.
Cons:
  1. Cost
  2. Need laptop - to run program at the boat.
  3. Learning curve
  4. Wife asking me what are you doing on the boat now?

Jg35South

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the responses and helpful info

nytka89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I have the CanDoo Pro system. It's not cheap. I paid $400. Still hurts but beats driving 2+ hours back to the dealer (my time is more valuable). It'll pay for itself over time. Also, look on FB in the Chaparral group. There was discussion of another system. I have no info on it.
Hey Dean, I just got my first boat and it vortex 203. I am not able to locate diagnostics port. Can you help me with that?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey Dean, I just got my first boat and it vortex 203. I am not able to locate diagnostics port. Can you help me with that?
Hi and congrats on your new boat! Exciting times...

Mine is located with the fuse box. I open the hatch and look straight down. You should see a connector that is attached to a dummy connector as a place holder. Push the grey tab down to unlock it and pull out. You then connect this to your reading device.

1654020521854.png

nytka89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I found it already! Thank you Dan.