• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VRX 203 single engine

James Savell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
looking to surf behind a 2016 VRX203. What aftermarket items do I need? Is it even possible?

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Ballast & more ballast.

CynMarks203

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
i know this is a old thread but i own a 2016 vortex 203 vr single engine pulling 2 tubers really puts a lot of stress on the engine growls the whole way
always loses power and loud really dissapointed.if anyone has questions about this boat i have owned it for 3 years now considering selling it.

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
What engine do you have in it?

CynMarks203

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
i have the 250 hp engine. i think twin engines are probably more efficient. I'm really liking the 255 scarab open

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Obviously the more power the better, kind of surprises me that it seems loaded with a double tube. That's a bummer but more power will always fixe everything!

CynMarks203

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
the boat it self is a little small 4 people is what i think is max i just like the scarab center layout better cause its more open u can walk around the center console too many people on the 203 in the helm area gets a little crowed always bumpin elbows.

CynMarks203

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
i think 2 150 hp engines would be the way to go

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I understand, boats are over rated for their capacity. Our 210 challenger was rated for 10 but realistically 6 adults was comfortable, everyone has tons of gear when they go boating limiting space that much more.

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
We had twin 215's in our 210 Challenger and power was never an issue. Seems the larger engines are much more desirable. We bumped up to twin 300's on our 2430...

CynMarks203

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
im just considering selling.i also like the 240 vortex same layout im sure more space to move around regret not getting the 240
my 203 has everthing that was available in 2016 with IST wetsounds etc..