• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Vynal stains!

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys I am about at the end of my rope on cleaning my interior. I have these small water marks on my upper Greg vynal. I have tried babes,boat bling and some other cleaners. I just dont know what to do to get them out. I am a tad particular so it only bothers me but man just annoying.

Not sure if they will show in pics but take a look.
IMG_20150410_165358.jpg IMG_20150410_165411.jpg

Have you tried a magic eraser with one of the cleaners you already have?

I didn't try a magic eraser because the marks on the material look at though they are deeper than surface level and didn't want to discolor the material. I will maybe try that today and see if it helps.

I hope it works. I use magic eraser with a cleaner on any spots that do not want to come off.

My 242 has textured vinyl and what I've found works well is any of the cleaners and a medium firm brush, used softly. It seems to get down into the texture. Might be worth a shot for you...

@Belteddeep I have tried the brush too. I think I am going to try the magic eraser and see if that does any good.

Let us know how the magic eraser goes, I have had some luck with a toothbrush but still can't get every speck of dirt/stain out.

Last edited:
I think sun will be the best fix. It appears that a cleaning solution was dripped onto the fabric and has lightened the color.

Can you think of what might have been dropped on there? Or is it a darker smudge? Hard to tell on my phone !

@Murf'n'surf These have been on there for a while but both rear seats have them from people walking over the seats while dripping...which I despise...I am thinking it might also just take several treatments but the magic eraser is what I will try next.

Back