• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake board tower or not

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
And resale value.

I recently purchased a 2023 Yamaha AR195. Wake tower has been good, and I agree with all the points of the video by captras for having one, but the bimini top over it has been a nightmare re: design and ease of use. Last weekend the front of it folded down while doing 30 mph and chipped a bunch of powder coat paint off the tower. Setting it up and down no matter how careful you are, will cause some scratches on the tower. Yamaha needs another bimini top design.....

A few minor additions: they're very handy for someone on the dock to grab when tying up, it's a nice sturdy brace for someone to use when standing underway (I know, not advisable), a great place to mount speakers, just flat out looks better, it's a place to hang things out to dry whether on the water or even after you're home.... There's more, but I can't think of them real quick. I rarely use mine for water sports, but we use it all the time for everything else.

I bought my boat with the tower because of resale value anyway. Immediately I became curious and bought a wakeboard "just to try it." One billion dollars later in wakeboards, wake skates, surf boards, ballast, foils, etc... yeah, I'm glad I did.

Back