• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake surfing

Jacob29

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Hello, I have a 2021 Yamaha 212xd. I was wondering if anyone has bought a suction cup wake wedge for one of these boats. Was just wondering which one is the best and if they work good

These have been tested before on our boats and none of those work. Your options are the yamaha wakebooster or the wake wedge: Wake Wedge for Yamaha Boats - Surfing, Wake Wedge, Jet Boat

There's not rudder or "fins" to keep the boat tracking straight to where that kind of divergence device would work. You'd just spin in circle or fight that thing to where it wouldn't work anyways.

Thanks for the info, I was hoping not to have to pay over a thousand dollars for something to help make a surfable wake. So far using just the ballast bags for the boat we can’t get a wake good enough to let go of the rope when we surf.

These have been tested before on our boats and none of those work. Your options are the yamaha wakebooster or the wake wedge:

Agree

Thanks for the info, I was hoping not to have to pay over a thousand dollars for something to help make a surfable wake. So far using just the ballast bags for the boat we can’t get a wake good enough to let go of the rope when we surf.
Making Yamaha boats surf-able is not a cheap/super easy endeavor. However, it can be done. Requirements are transom fatsac, wakebooster/wake wedge, and possibly lead bags. If you want a push button surf experience you'll have to spend even more money and get a dedicated wake boat.

But once you have those things and get it setup it sure is fun.

Making Yamaha boats surf-able is not a cheap/super easy endeavor. However, it can be done. Requirements are transom fatsac, wakebooster/wake wedge, and possibly lead bags. If you want a push button surf experience you'll have to spend even more money and get a dedicated wake boat.

nice video. Your wake seems perfectly fine. Do you have the Fatsac in addition to the stock ballast? What about ridesteady?

The other things that help as shown in the video nice calm water with no boat wakes that is at least 18' deep

nice video. Your wake seems perfectly fine. Do you have the Fatsac in addition to the stock ballast? What about ridesteady?
Yes, we're running 100% in all of the stock ballast in that vid. Also running about 30% of fuel, and I do have ridesteady. But I wouldn't say that is 100% critical.

The other things that help as shown in the video nice calm water with no boat wakes that is at least 18' deep
We surfed the next day and it was super windy, super choppy, and tons of boat traffic and can confirm it made surfing much more difficult.

good looking wave, just the wake booster and ballast getting it done.

Back