• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Wedge

Mike Alcorn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just purchased the wake wedge from Gantlin and we are having a couple issues with getting the correct adjustments to be able to surf with out hanging on to the rope. What’s the degree of angle and do I need ballast bag?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just purchased the wake wedge from Gantlin and we are having a couple issues with getting the correct adjustments to be able to surf with out hanging on to the rope. What’s the degree of angle and do I need ballast bag?
Yes you need ballast, best to mount it on swim deck, as far out in the corner on the surf side as possible.
We use two full turns of the turnbuckle. That’s it, it is almost flat. I have a feeling many people tend to angle thevwedge too much, it needs almost no angle to deflect the spray, works the best that way.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
surfing ropeless does require some degree of ability and balance,

what weight and board are involved? My 13 yr old 85lb daughter can surf ropeless 20 feet behind the boat, one day I was cutting it up ropeless and then "lost" the feel and haven't found it again,

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Like @swatski said the most common error is to put too much angle on it. Try going flatter.

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All, My wake is too steep and too short. I have a single engine using a JBP TVW and ballast. Can you suggest what I need to do to flatten and lengthen the wake?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All, My wake is too steep and too short.
that's a very subjective statement, maybe post a picture with a surfer for us to get a better idea where you're at,

usually more weight forward will help lengthen the wave,

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spoke to Jerry at Green Hulk about getting a volume discount for the Lucky 13 Cone (L13). Green Hulk has offered to give a discount for JB.net to anyone that wants to buy them. It is essentially a volume discount that you can buy individually as he feels he will get enough takers.
Here is how it works. Buy it on his site for full price and write in the comments box “$40 discount per Jerry” and he will refund the $40 immediately after the sale goes through. I just bought mine.
If you have a two engine it’s $40 off each.
Lucky 13 Adjustable Pump Cone for Yamaha SHO/HO Skis & Riva Race Pump [L13 YAM] : PWC Performance Parts