• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboard binding question!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Last week, I tried wakesurfing and wakeboarding for the first time. I got up on the surf board on my 2nd try, and on the wakeboard my first try. Needless to say, Im hooked on both. I have a new surf board, but Ive been eyeing a CWB wakeboard combo. I wear a size 8-8 1/2 shoe, but their bindings run 5-8 and 9-12. They are open toe, so do you think I can get the larger ones to cinch down tight enough?

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I would have to confirm, bu I am pretty sure I have the 9-12 CWB bindings, and wear a 8.5-9 shoe (depending on the type). i think you would be fine with the larger size, as I had not experienced any issues. Plus it would allow you more opportunity to share! ;)

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Plus it would allow you more opportunity to share! ;)
That was something i was thinking as well.

BTW.... they are the EDGE bindings

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think if you went with the smaller ones, you would find it difficult to get into. I would go with the larger size.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We recently purchased a CWB surge wakeboard with Seven bindings in an XS size for my son. These are also open toe. XS binding says they will fit size 1-4. My wife can wear them and she is a size 6 in men's shoes. She doesn't have any problem getting into them, but her feet do seem to come out of them when she crashes. This is not a problem for my son. Not sure if binding size issue or fact Mom hits the water a lot harder than son? So I think either way you go you will be fine, maybe just consider who else may possibly be sharing board and buy based on that.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just tossing this in here........Dicks Sporting Goods have several wakeboards with bindings on sale currently for 50% off.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have two wakeboards, both CWB I think. One has the pull and cinch bindings and the other is velcor.

HOLY CRAP, get velcro! I thought velcro would suck, but it doesn't. Just get the bindings wet and then put them on, it's like you're glued to the board when compared to the cinch bindings. I usually help people put their bindings on, and the cinch bindings that helps people a lot, the velcro bindings people can do on their own.

just my two pennies.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ordered the Liquid Force Witness Grind. I hope to get it by this weekend! I bet you might be thinking the same thing about getting it.... ;)

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
BTW....thanks for the quick responses. Hopefully the bindings will workout!