• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakebooster and 252SD don't work together!

evanfreeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2021 252SD and a Yamaha Wakebooster package from the same dealer. Upon getting it home I realized that it does not fit due to the transom seating mounts? Anyone have any ideas or did I purchase the wrong package??

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Oooh, you mean the transom "in the water seats?" Yeah, that sucks. I'm not aware of a Wakebooster that fits around those points. Didn't your dealer have any knowledge of that? Man, Yamaha is really crapping the bed in 2021...

DonnyC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yea the dealer should not have sold you that package. That's a know trade-off for having those cool seating mounts.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that stinks !!

I wonder if there is a work around, not sure what the seat mounts look like,
either cut the booster to slide it the mount through it or maybe weld some flat onto the mounting edges to give it some clearance,

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
that stinks !!

I wonder if there is a work around, not sure what the seat mounts look like,
either cut the booster to slide it the mount through it or maybe weld some flat onto the mounting edges to give it some clearance,

Wonder if the Gatlin wakewedge would work better?

evanfreeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I thought about cutting the booster but I wonder if it will lessen the wake or prevent me from using on the other side. Hoping someone has a workaround.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That is crazy that it was not mentioned from the dealer. Maybe there is another version of wakebooster that is meant to fit the new boats and they maybe sold you the old style one ? Maybe post pics of how it is fitting.

Wonder if the Gatlin wakewedge would work better?
The plan for the Gantlin Wake Wedge for the 25 & 27 series is to have the seat mounts incorporated into the bar design. That way any boat with or without will be able to install the wedge.

Hurly23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2021 252SD and a Yamaha Wakebooster package from the same dealer. Upon getting it home I realized that it does not fit due to the transom seating mounts? Anyone have any ideas or did I purchase the wrong package??
I bought a Wakebooster when I purchased my 252SE and it does in fact fit.....Just not exactly how it is supposed to. If you maneuver it enough you should be able to get it installed. I installed mine on land, and while in the water. (Installing in the water got a little tricky, but doable. I noticed a slight difference in the wake with it installed, but I dont have any ballast bags, so I'm hoping those will help once purchased.

As you can see on the pics, it will securely connect, but the part that goes towards the center of the boat will overhang the transom slightly. There is enough surface area contact that I feel this can function appropriately with the correct ballast setup. You could also remove the seat brackets and seal the holes, or move them closer to center. (Not sure what the mounting hardware would entail...Screws vs bolts n nuts) Or do like you said and cut the booster to fit, which is what I will most likely do.

If you can wait for the Gantlin to come on the market for sale, I would just return the Wakebooster since it doesnt fit properly. But if you're ready to surf asap, and dont want to wait for them to hopefully get to market this year, just get you some bags and Surfs up!

tempImage0GPZ7z.pngtempImageIrtsYs.pngtempImagehwAPYH.pngtempImage61jRqR.png

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I bought a Wakebooster when I purchased my 252SE and it does in fact fit.....Just not exactly how it is supposed to. If you maneuver it enough you should be able to get it installed. I installed mine on land, and while in the water. (Installing in the water got a little tricky, but doable. I noticed a slight difference in the wake with it installed, but I dont have any ballast bags, so I'm hoping those will help once purchased.

As you can see on the pics, it will securely connect, but the part that goes towards the center of the boat will overhang the transom slightly. There is enough surface area contact that I feel this can function appropriately with the correct ballast setup. You could also remove the seat brackets and seal the holes, or move them closer to center. (Not sure what the mounting hardware would entail...Screws vs bolts n nuts) Or do like you said and cut the booster to fit, which is what I will most likely do.

If you can wait for the Gantlin to come on the market for sale, I would just return the Wakebooster since it doesnt fit properly. But if you're ready to surf asap, and dont want to wait for them to hopefully get to market this year, just get you some bags and Surfs up!

View attachment 144418View attachment 144419View attachment 144420View attachment 144421
That's really interesting - the whole point of that device is to scoop water so that the jet wash is pushed/smoothed over, but with that bracket right in the way I wonder how well it'll really work? I swear that Yamaha really flubbed these 2021 models in a half-ass rush to get them out the door...

evanfreeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
That's really interesting - the whole point of that device is to scoop water so that the jet wash is pushed/smoothed over, but with that bracket right in the way I wonder how well it'll really work? I swear that Yamaha really flubbed these 2021 models in a half-ass rush to get them out the door...

View attachment 144418View attachment 144419View attachment 144420View attachment 144421
Thanks for sending the pics. I am going to try to install again tonight!

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for sending the pics. I am going to try to install again tonight!
reviving this thread as we've ordered a 252se that should be here by summer 2022 and our three preteen girls want to try surfing. have you been able to get people up surfing on your 252SE? Or, has anyone else? I'd plan on taking the plasma cutter to the Yamaha wakebooster to get it to fit right, but I have a hobby metal shop at home and most people don't.

There was a video on you tube of someone wakesurfing rope-less on A 252, with just the yamaha wakebooster but I can't find it anymore. Real world insight would be great. thanks

Hurly23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I ended up just removing the seat bracket and the wakebooster fits perfect. The bolts can be reinstalled later if u choose. But i found we rarely use the seats, and 1 will do for now. Rather be surfin than sitting. I filled the bracket holes with regular waterproof Dap type caulking for bathrooms/exteriors. This way if inwant the seat brackets back on i can just scrape the sealant out. Havent noticed any additional water leaking in.

I use the 850# fatsac in back, another 700# bag either behind the 850 bag or on the floor in the back of seating area port side, and a third 700# bag either in ski locker or on the floor in the bow. Gives a pretty decent wave that will let me and my wife go ropless in an average board.
C5801C53-DB32-4EC2-94CC-C3A87A2B3000.jpegE716D487-E340-47F3-B8B4-2DF12AECEBA7.jpeg25654403-82AC-4E13-BECE-464F61CF32C7.jpeg

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ended up just removing the seat bracket and the wakebooster fits perfect. The bolts can be reinstalled later if u choose. But i found we rarely use the seats, and 1 will do for now. Rather be surfin than sitting. I filled the bracket holes with regular waterproof Dap type caulking for bathrooms/exteriors. This way if inwant the seat brackets back on i can just scrape the sealant out. Havent noticed any additional water leaking in.

I use the 850# fatsac in back, another 700# bag either behind the 850 bag or on the floor in the back of seating area port side, and a third 700# bag either in ski locker or on the floor in the bow. Gives a pretty decent wave that will let me and my wife go ropless in an average board.
View attachment 162047View attachment 162048View attachment 162049
thanks for the info. Great to know. My little ones should have no problem then. What lake are you on? I am from WA as well .

Hurly23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
thanks for the info. Great to know. My little ones should have no problem then. What lake are you on? I am from WA as well .
Also,
The seat bracket really interferes with the wave with the ballast bags on board, so it is a must to remove if you're using the wake booster. You will also definitely need ballast bags to get a surfable ropeless wave, as the wakebooster alone is not good enough.

I am in Western Washington and usually boat on lake Tapps. It's crazy busy on the weekends tho. I have been to a few other lakes in Western Washington as well. (American lake, Mayfield Lake, and Riffe Lake).

What lake/lakes do you use?

1969mach1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Crownline
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Also,
The seat bracket really interferes with the wave with the ballast bags on board, so it is a must to remove if you're using the wake booster. You will also definitely need ballast bags to get a surfable ropeless wave, as the wakebooster alone is not good enough.

I am in Western Washington and usually boat on lake Tapps. It's crazy busy on the weekends tho. I have been to a few other lakes in Western Washington as well. (American lake, Mayfield Lake, and Riffe Lake).

What lake/lakes do you use?
Crap. the whole reason we went with the SE is bc my wife wants to sit in them while the kids swim at the dock. I have a crap load of metal fab tools, so I may take a crack at modifying it when our boat arrives.

We have a house on Priest Lake in Idaho. This boat will live there exclusively. It's a great lake with lots of places to explore.