• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakesurfing Lake Ouachita

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like you had a great time but I have to say that Jill out surfed you again!

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
550 bag in nose, 550 bag under driver side rear seat and 350 bag on back deck. All about 80% filled.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice!!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
From the video it looks like one jet might have more power than the other, do you run them at the same RPM, or do you kick one higher than the other? Or does the wake just look like that with the ballast setup you have?

I'm just getting into the surfing thing so I'm super curious as to what others are doing...

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jim will know for sure but his boat is weighted to starboard so that jet is lower.

From the video it looks like one jet might have more power than the other, do you run them at the same RPM, or do you kick one higher than the other? Or does the wake just look like that with the ballast setup you have?

I'm just getting into the surfing thing so I'm super curious as to what others are doing...[/QUO

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't know the RPM difference but our boats wakes always look different on each side even at the same RPM. The rotation of the impellers make the goofy side or starboard side a better wake for surfing. Ballast also has a lot to do with it.

leatherneck33

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What board is that you guys are riding? What is the length?

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are both set on the same RPM. I was actually regular foot before this boat. My wife is goofy footed so I gave into that battle and just opted to surf goofy on this boat to keep from having to move weight around since I can surf either way. Takes a little extra to get to lean to that side due to 4 batteries on other side that give the boat a normal time lean to the other side. The red is a 5'8 and blue is a 5'3. The bigger is good to get someone new to surf but rides like a mattress! The shorter you can move around and do more on.

The driver has a lot to do with the surfer being successful. You must keep a constant eye on the wake to keep a good curl. And if you see your rider is falling out, give a slight turn into the wave and helps to push them back into the pocket. Since our boats aren't technically made to do this, you must work as a team on it. But once you both have a feel for whats going on, you can start to ride with more confidence.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man you guys are rocking it !!!! I want to surf/ party with you guys !!!!

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I like all the different angles you shot how many go pros was that 3 ?

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wonder how my 242 would do with a setup like that. I was looking to get that FatSac package - 3 540lbs bags and a pump to do a setup just like this. No matter how i set up the boat now I cant go ropeless. I'm 220 lbs and using the Liquid Force 5'6" fish so I would have thought its a big enough board. I guess I just need to get a bigger wake (or get better at surfing :)).

Only ballast I'm using now is people :) 5 ppl, prob less then 800 lbs (two in front, 3 in back all on one side) and still will not do it.

And funny enough I was just out at Ouachita a week ago, love that lake, much better then many of the lakes here in TX !!

I'm curious, what speed you going in that vid?

Backwash

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I struggle on the Fish myself. It's skinny and heavier than my Ronix boards. We were going between 10 and 11.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Try these Boards,

http://www.soulcraftboarding.com/boards/

we just got 2 from Him....
not cheap$$$ but if you like Wake Surfing, this is like throwing another 1000lb of ballast in your boat...
The guy can't make boards fast enough right now though.... His boards are dominating the WakeSurf tours....

again...not cheap...but it IS the thing your Riding on...not the boat or ballast..