• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakesurfing with the 242X E-Series

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Agreed. I love my boat. It's the perfect do-it-all boat.

I'm not knocking the 242x at all - other than that Bimini, it's a beautiful sweet boat. It's just - I was hoping that Yamaha would've went all in and knocked the MC/Nautique crowd for a loop.
I absolutely love it when we can go ropeless and we go past the MC's and Nautiques. They look at you all confused.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those boats don't surf in 5-6' deep rivers.:)
My 212X does all summer long.
Why not? I surf my buddy's Malibu in that depth all day long. . .

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@prorider17 The 242X is stock with 1400 lbs of ballast and they had a 350 bag on the surf side cabin seat and a 350 bag on the surf side swim deck. They also had with them a 700 pound nose bag but they didn't use it. I wanted them to use a 750 bag on the cabin seat, that would have made a huge difference on wave height.

One other thing to point out, the video that Yamaha put out they are still going in a BIG circle. With the Wake wedge it is all straight line.

Last edited:

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
good to see them finally putting in more factory ballast maybe next year they will suck it up and add a gate/wedge etc. they should do the ballast centurion style where its built into the hull so they can actually put some hidden weight into it without killing all the storage