• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakesurfing

julian reed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the Yamaha 195 AR provide a descent wake for surfing with the surfing package?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the Yamaha 195 AR provide a descent wake for surfing with the surfing package?
There are a few members here who successfully surf behind their 19 ft Yamaha's. The WakeBooster package for the 19 ft models was just barely introduced and not expected to ba available to purchase until the end of the year. So there's no one I know of here who has had any experience with it.

The problem with the 19 ft boats is they're a very light weight construction and have a small hull by comparison to the larger models. Therefore they do not displace a lot of water which is the main requirement for generating a "decent wake".

If you plan to do a lot of surfing I'd recommend sizing up. That's not to say you can't have fun behind a 195... but when you're done just having fun and want to surf your may wish you'd gone another direction.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We surf behind our 2019 AR195. I am on pre-order for the WakeBooster, so hopefully next season I can put out a review on that one. I currently just use the Ganlin FatSac on the surf side of the swimdeck. A lot will come down to rider skill, weight, and board choice as well. With the Liquid Force Rocket I (170 lbs) am nowhere near able to go ropeless. I have used a Phase 5 board and was easily able to go ropeless. I'm hoping the boss will let me pull the trigger on a better board, such as the Slingshot Coaster.

We went with the 195 so it could fit in the garage in the winter months, so sizing up wasn't an option for us. If that's the size you are stuck with like me, then you can easily surf behind the boat.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i have a 2019 AR190

here is me going rope less on a hyperlite land lock 5'9
added about 800lbs ballast on the swim deck.

almost lost the bag as well, the fun part of figuring out ballast set up!

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Then there is this technique......👀👀