• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Walkthrough window weather stripping

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its almost a given that your Scarab's center walk through window will either lose, tear, blow off. This will cause your window to rattle, become misaligned, or even shatter. There is a simple Home Depot fix that will repair it for good.

Here is the link to the product I used. Its perfect, and it will make that seam fit tight, and that window will not rattle anymore.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/MD-Building-Products-19-32-in-x-10-ft-EPDM-Cellular-Rubber-Auto-and-Marine-Weatherstrip-01033/100175299

Here is what it looks like on my Scarab.

download_20150817_143841 by Miguel Rodriguez, on Flickr

download_20150817_143848 by Miguel Rodriguez, on Flickr

download_20150817_143856 by Miguel Rodriguez, on Flickr

download_20150817_143918 by Miguel Rodriguez, on Flickr

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure you clean the old sticky tape that is on the frame. Use alcohol with a light abrasive sponge, or equivalent depending on how much its caked on there. The florida sun almost completely melted mine. This repair is far better than anything that the dealer will do from what I have seen.