• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wally the Walrus

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Saw this on my news feed. Just sharing, as it’s a rather bizarre and I would have never imaged a walrus trying to board a boat. But then again, maybe it’s more common than I realized. In California, do the Sea Lions try to board vessels?

On a few instances, when out in the gulf fishing, I’ve experienced a lone bird landing and taking a break before continuing their flight.
Anyone have similar stories of unexpected guest on board?

1FD546CA-1B2C-4CD2-9CA4-0020CF79483A.jpeg

Sea lions do get onto boats and docks in So Cal Marinas all the time. You cruise through and see several kinds of deterrents, from buckets of water to plastic spikes that line the dock.

This happened to me fishing in Naples, Florida. He stayed there quite a while.

1631492969722.jpeg

Back