• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

WARNING LIGHTS - PRIOR TO IGNITION

jpg1130

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can someone tell me if the 3 warning indicator lights (on the tachs), illuminate for a short period of time either prior to starting or after starting either motor on our boats (like a car would)? When I winterized and flushed for the last time, I noticed the lights never illuminated (I thought they were supposed to) and it puzzled me. I do know that all three work because I did put both engines in no-wake for a period of time and they all flashed....

Thanks.

jpg1130

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@jpg1130 , I wanted to say that the 3 lights on each tach, come on momentarily when the ignition switch is turned to on but the key has not yet been turned to start. You hear the 3 beeps of the depth finder at the same time. I may be mistaken about the lights illuminating and in bright sunlight, they are hard to see anyway. Be aware that you can't get sufficient cooling to the motors above idle when hooked to a garden hose for flushing if you are trying to cool and run both engines simultaniously. Especially if you accelerate to "no wake mode" and beyond, and all three flash when in "no wake mode". Again, being a 210 vs a 230, there may be some differences, so consult your owners manual. Mine does not identify if the lights flash or test when first turning on the switch, I just felt that they did from memory...but I have been wrong in the past.

jpg1130

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AWW CRAP! I spelled "Ignition" wrong in my subject....how can I change that?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Its fixed!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe @txav8r is correct as this is how mine works.

jpg1130

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe @txav8r is correct as this is how mine works.
That's what i thought. I know the depth finder is supposed to beep and blink when the key is in the "on" position on the starboard motor (just before starting), but I just can't remember what happens on the port side....now if only this damn weather would warm up so I can unwrap my darling and see? It's been driving me nuts since November!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thank you sir...Didn't want to look like an idiot on my first post....oh wait too late....HA!!!
No worries whatsoever! And btw...WELCOME ABOARD!