• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wash Down Kit

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After seeing several threads I decided to build my own wash down kit for my 2019 AR240. It came out awesome. I just have to mount it in the boat. I test fit the tank and it fits perfect behind the swim platform seats.

After seeing some people's recommendations on pump size I tried a few different options and decided on the 3.0 GPM Sea Flo. It has plenty of power to rinse off my daughter and her sand toys as well as any sand that gets on the boat. I feel with the 3.0 GPM it will make the tank last a little longer too. I did try a 1.2 GPM pump the pressure was just a little too weak for our use.

Here's a parts list for those interested.
6 Gallon Tank $52 + Shipping

SeaFlo 3.0 GPH Pump $60

Coil Hose with Sprayer $25

Shurflow 90 Fitting $3

Cable Gland $16 (pack but only needed one)

90 Barbed Fitting $1

3/4 X 1/2 Reducer $1

5Ft piece of Pex 1/2 White pipe $2 @ Lowes.

10X1 Stainless Steel Screws $2 @ Lowes

IMG_9923.JPG

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Nice!! How big is the tank? Parts list would be great!

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very nice project :thumbsup: awaiting parts list and sources! Thank you!

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That came out really nice, good work!

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where did you get your supply from for the switches. I like where you mounted them.
For the wiring I used a Bosch style auto relay and 16 mm latching switch. The blue one is for the wash down and I green one is for my green LED transom lights.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the wiring I used a Bosch style auto relay and 16 mm latching switch. The blue one is for the wash down and I green one is for my green LED transom lights.

Are those relays ok for salt water?

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are those relays ok for salt water?
That's a good question. I mounted my relay right behind the helm. I can't see any salt water getting in there but if it goes bad now I know what the issue is.

One might be better off using one of these.