• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water flow to bilge

Scrow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a question on the flow of water to the bilge pump. I have water in my ski locker area. Where does the water drain to if I open the drain plug? Do I have to open the flow to the gas tank area then open to the engine area?

Or does that water drain to the hull drain plugs?

I cannot tell if the 3 of those compartments are connected or flow independently and where to.

My boat is docked in the water. Do I need to pull it out to open the hull drains?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The cockpit drain system goes like this ski locker->fuel tank drain->engine<-bilge/transom drain.

you can open the cockpit drain plugs with your boat in the water. They do not go to open water so no worries of starting to sink your boat. The only plugs that go from the hull to open water are the transom drain plugs for which you obviously don't open or leave open if on the water lol.

That being said if you have water in you ski locker you're likely going to need to open up the fuel tank drain plug and the engine plug (just in front of the bilge pump) and get your bow way up in the air in order to get the water to move back. It takes a pretty significant angle on the trailer to get water to move from compartment to compartment so it will take some work on the water as well. OR...just grab a cup and manually empty it then take care of the extra water once you have the boat on the trailer.

Scrow

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That makes sense. Thank you!