• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Water in the Gas Tank area

Kirkman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am new here and have enjoyed learning more about others having problems with Yamaha Jet Boats.

I have a 2012 Yamaha AR 240 HO and I put in the drain plugs as I read pros and cons to some that did it. The last time I took the boat out, I had a lot of water in the gas tank compartment.
I immediately pulled the plugs which allowed me to get the water to the engine compartment and I could then use the bilge.

does anyone have any idea how the water might be getting in the gas tank compartment? What has me stumped is it happened when the plugs were in so it didn’t come from the engine compartment.

While I am not overly familiar with your model, I can share the following.

With the mid 2010’s hulls, it seems as if the lowest point in the hull while the boat is at rest is mid hull around where the helm seats are. The water may have either been in your hull and become noticeable after a shift in weight or could have been the result of water from rain or the last time you cleaned the boat. For example, the cup holders around the helm drain to the bilge in that area.

I have noticed that with my 210 hull, if the boat is not angled with the stern down, I will not get all the water to exit the hull.

Back