• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water Leak Question

Tdmouse29

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Hopefully this isn’t a big deal, but here we go.
I was putting in my brand new 2021 G3 gator tough to go try and smoke some ducks…just happen to notice water trickling out where the lower unit meets the mid section…hoping if someone can tell me if this is normal or not. Been around quite a few jets for work but never paid attention to this nor am I any where close to being a boat mechanic. 65D0F27C-C517-42CD-BFE7-FDC01DA4107E.jpegSo I have no idea if it’s normal or something I should check out.
Its a Yamaha 80hp outboard jet.
Thanks in advance for answering my stupid question!

I would remove the 2 half side covers and see what's going in behind the split Halfs. Can't quite see the locking mechanism at the bottom of the 2 half's and it would appear half way up the encloser clasp is missing or a repair was attempted. REMOVE SIDE covers and see what behind the cover.

Back