• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water leaks in a 2015 Bryant 246

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A buddy of mine has a 2015 Bryant 246 and just started experiencing leaks and can’t find the issue. He filled with water while on the trailer to check and nothing came out. He can’t tell if the water is warm because he can’t reach it. Any suggestions on where he should look or know of any issues with this boat? Thanks!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been using a GoPro and LED light taped to mounts in the engine bay. I'll take a pic tonight. Lets me monitor the engine area while on plane and under load. Hoping this points me towards the warm water leak.

Might help him as well.

*edit*......I'm assuming the leak isn't fast enough to sink the boat, or overpower the bilge pump at this point. I wouldn't do my method with that level of leak for obvious reasons. :D

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been using a GoPro and LED light taped to mounts in the engine bay. I'll take a pic tonight. Lets me monitor the engine area while on plane and under load. Hoping this points me towards the warm water leak.

Might help him as well.

*edit*......I'm assuming the leak isn't fast enough to sink the boat, or overpower the bilge pump at this point. I wouldn't do my method with that level of leak for obvious reasons. :D
That’s a great suggestion and will pass it along to him. I don’t think the leak is big right now. He just mentioned he’s been noticing some water getting in recently and he can’t figure out where. Thanks for your time with this!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Turns out to have been coming from the rub rail. He’s replacing all the screws and there was a slight bend in one area that created a gap.