• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Water pools on mooring cover

Jayr212x

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What am I doing wrong? Rain water is pooling on my mooring cover. Poles are in place. The cover straps are snapped together and ratcheted tight. I'm not sure what else I can do. Any suggestions?

image.jpg

Just to be sure, do you have the white straps and longer pole in front? That's how the 240 cover works and looks weird but works.

Mine did the same thing when I would use the poles. I pull the cover over the ladder under the swim platform and don't use the poles anymore and has never done it since. But could be quite a challenge if in the water.

You would think the anti pooling poles would prevent pooling. But with how the cover goes over the tower and the straps that attach to the rear cleats from the poles, it actually makes a low spot right where yours is pooling.

Last edited:
I dont use the poles anymore. Key is to have that cover ratcheted TIGHT just when you think it cant get any more tighter, keep going and going. Cover will be so tight rain will fall off. You may think it will rip but dnt worry it wont

From the picture I would agree the cover does not look like it was on tight enough. Looks like some slack on the other side as well. Hard to tell by the pic but the front pole looks to be a bit far back towards the tower. White in front black in back. How are you running the strap from front to back pole? Looks like it is under the windshield, that may be your issue. I run mine above. When you tighten everything up you can play the cover like a drum. They say 20 lbs of pressure on the ratchets.

Thanks for all the tips. I'll give all the different suggestions a try and report back...

We put a 2" high block under the rear pole, so that it actually gets raised about 4" as it no longer sits in the hole where the table leg goes. Seems to help.

I have mine raised on a block in the rear and also made some straps that go sideways from the top of the rear pool to the front of the bimini top to keep the sides lifted a little.

If there is a chance of big rain I put one of the big towables under the cover to keep water from pooling. It saved my bacon when a monsoon hit us in AZ one year.

It looks like your boat is currently on the water, so it's not the same "level" that it would be if it were on the trailer (the bow is higher on the trailer). Maybe that has something to do with it?

As a data point, I use the poles and we just had a gross amount of rain the last few days in SLC and I checked on the boat yesterday and just now, no pools of water. I currently have my boat on an incline (about 15%) and it's not pooling, when I had it level it didn't pool either. If I lowered my tongue on the trailer, I could totally see it pooling and it would pool in the same spot you're showing it pool on yours (so I don't think it's specific to the 212 series).

With how my boat is on an incline, if I didn't have my bow pole in, water would pool there I am sure. The rest would shed pretty easily. So what I gather out of this is if your boat is stored level or bow down... don't use the poles?

Back