• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water ski storage?

UnfixedPyle

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
The ballast system in the ski locker keeps water skis from fitting in there even when the ballast is empty (at least on the 212XE). I have been keeping the skis in the port side bow seat storage since that connects to the console storage but it is not an ideal spot for many reasons. I would prefer to leave the skis at home or in the truck, but my wife and one daughter always say they might water ski when we go out. I have tried to stick them on the wake board rack, but the slalom ski binding is problematic (also those racks are usually full anyway). I know there are ski specific tower racks out there, but outside of that, does anyone have any novel ski storage ideas?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nope.
Sorry for the direct response but your story could have been written by me. It will be interesting if someone is more insightful than us.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm in the same boat as you. I have my slalom ski (2002 Obrien Syncro 69"), a pair of of kids skis (61 or 65") under the front port seat. When my wife wants to ski a put a monster ski rack on the port side tower bar which keeps a set of Obrien celebrity skis out of the way. My racks are usually full with wake surfers and a wakeboard or too.

Last edited: