• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Watts Bar Lake

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just booked a lake house for 4th of July weekend at Watts Bar Lake. Anyone been there? Just wanting to get the skinny on the lake, places to see, things to do, etc.

Looking at the member map, maybe one of you guys have some info:
@whtabtbob
@Avveduti
@Bigperm
@tek4fun
@Pickwick18

Last edited:

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have not had the boat on Watts Bar; but plan to make the run from Knoxville to Chattanooga sometime, which includes a full run down Watts Bar. My time has been on Tellico, which is just on the other side of the lock on the north end. The lock ride would definitely be fun and you could run down Tellico to Vonore and see the Yamaha factory from the water side. Sequoia landing close by has a floating bar/restaurant to refuel boat and belly. WB seems to have more places that are river-like whereas Tellico is a more of a lake feel (flooded deeper); but I think it will depend on where you are staying.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are in the process of moving from CHI to Knoxville and will be slipped on the Clinch River, just around a few bends from Watts Bar Lake. We'll definitely be there for the 4th, so maybe we can connect (with appropriate precautions ofcourse). As for the lake, I will know more starting in June so I'll share more then!

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Sounds good! Looks like we will be staying directly across from Goat Island. I'm pretty stoked, looks like a great lake! Should be a bit warmer than Chicago for ya! Also, when you get down there with your close proximity to Knoxville, you'll see this obnoxious orange color everywhere, don't worry it's not a warning it's just the Tennessee Vols fans!! ;)

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds good! Looks like we will be staying directly across from Goat Island. I'm pretty stoked, looks like a great lake! Should be a bit warmer than Chicago for ya! Also, when you get down there with your close proximity to Knoxville, you'll see this obnoxious orange color everywhere, don't worry it's not a warning it's just the Tennessee Vols fans!! ;)
My youngest son and I were chatting about how orange looks on us. Still undecided. Lol.