• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wax

Smitty244

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you guys use anything special or is it ok to use normal car wax

Normal car wax on the hull is fine. Better waxes last longer and have a deeper shine. I am moving everything to Rejex for the shine and duration. Wax is just like everything else, there are many right ways, and you can spend as much time and money as you would like. ?

Normal wax is fine. I've used a lot waxes over the years and my current favourite is Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic spray wax...it's a polymer based wax but it's easy to apply and lasts. Best part is no restrictions on use - apply in shade or sun, no need to wait to haze, apply on wet surface, does not discolour or leave white residue on plastic or rubber. You can even get it on the windshield without issue, and it's very hydrophobic so water sheets and beads. It's the easiest wax I've ever used and it's now on the boat and both vehicles.

Normal wax is fine. I've used a lot waxes over the years and my current favourite is Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic spray wax...it's a polymer based wax but it's easy to apply and lasts. Best part is no restrictions on use - apply in shade or sun, no need to wait to haze, apply on wet surface, does not discolour or leave white residue on plastic or rubber. You can even get it on the windshield without issue, and it's very hydrophobic so water sheets and beads. It's the easiest wax I've ever used and it's now on the boat and both vehicles.
Do you just spray it on and wipe it off with a microfiber rag?

Do you just spray it on and wipe it off with a microfiber rag?
Yup, wash normally, rinse, but before you wipe dry spray the wax lightly across the wet surface and wipe dry. No waiting, no buffing...the link below is from their website. I apply by hand each time as you need to wipe dry anyway, but if you're ever in a hurry, you can rinse it off. The key is a good wash first, then rinse, then lightly spray and spread out with a microfiber towel, then a dry towel to wipe the surface dry. No rubbing in or hazing. The first layer bonds to the surface and produces a mediocre shine, but subsequent wax jobs will layer it and increase the shine with great water protection. I found the wax needs some time to cure after wiping dry - best to apply it at the end of the day so it can cure overnight. If you apply it too heavy or a second layer too soon, it will streak, but you can add some water and wipe the streaks off. I've waxed the truck twice (shines up nicely) and the boat once, and only used about 15% of the bottle. I intend to wax the boat again this coming week to get a second layer on, and that's when it really starts to shine.

I will try this on the hull since it appears easy and put a 2nd coat on the sides on top of my 3in1 meguires wax…my gunwales are very faded from the sun may have use compound from topside!

Attachments

• 49FCB814-A84D-427E-BA57-ED057DAA4699.jpeg
    49FCB814-A84D-427E-BA57-ED057DAA4699.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 30558F19-33CE-498B-9919-64D7DA352730.jpeg
    30558F19-33CE-498B-9919-64D7DA352730.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 17
Back