• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Weed / rope guard loose

rpm242LS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For those that own the newer version scarabs that have the weed and rope guard installed, have you had any issues with it being loose? I have not sucked up anything with my new boat however I heard a rattling sound and upon inspection found one of the weed guards was loose, looks like one screw is missing, probably never put in and the second one was able to work through the slot on the weed guard so it no longer held it in position. Looks to be an easy fix but I'm curious to see if anyone else has had any issues and what I should look for prior to my attempt on fixing versus trying to bring it into a shop and have it done, losing weeks of boating time.

Attachments

rpm242LS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No one has had any issues with this? I guess that's a good thing, I just want to be able to fix it without taking it into a service shop and losing weeks on it. I'm thinking it should be an easy fix with rebed the screws and using 5200.